We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rail/bus link

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
rail/bus link

I will be arriving into S.F at 2215 by bus via Oakland. My concern is my safety as I will be travelling alone.

Does anyone know where this bus stops and will there be cabs? CanI get a cab straight from Oakland?

I havent booked a hotel so I dont have a destination as yet.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Oakland
Oakland
California
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,248 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rail/bus link

When you booked your ticket you can chose the SF stop you want to alight at. There are many of them and if you get off at the Ferry Building Embarcadero stop you can walk to the Hyatt and if you are staying there great. If not take a cab from just outside to your hotel. See what your ticket says and you can call and change it

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rail/bus link

Here's a map of all the station in California. Zoom way in and you can see the SF locations.

It's possible that you may decide on a hotel that is close to the "shopping center stop" at Market and 5th. But otherwise, as belo mentions, the "financial district" stop is right in front of the Hyatt Regency hotel and there is always a line of taxis right there. You will literally fall into a cab once alighting from the bus.

-----

Whoops, always helps to paste the link. www.amtrak.com/california-train-bus-stations

Edited: 05 March 2013, 16:05
San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rail/bus link

Once you book your hotel, you can change your bus/Amtrak ticket to the proper stop. If you choose a hotel in Union Square West, you'd choose 5th and Market stop.

I think a single woman would enjoy this area -- look at the Top Questions for hotel area descriptions. It's likely that a bunch of you getting off the bus will head up Powell Street to the hotels near Union Square.

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rail/bus link

Thanks everyone

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rail/bus link

Just to clarify, the San Francisco Shopping Center stop (at Market & 5th) is convenient to many Union Square hotels. Otherwise, I recommend using the San Francisco Financial District stop, which is in front of the Hyatt Regency and next to a busy taxi stand. The San Francisco Ferry Building stop, which has ticketing services, is a different location and is less convenient for almost all hotels.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 19:20
6. Re: rail/bus link

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 07:17