We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - Last weekend

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
688 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - Last weekend

Thank you forum members for the help on places to go. I liked Uncle Vito's the best. And yes it was a great idea to stay at Hilton union square.

Day1- landed in the evening so pretty much walked around Union square. There was a nice cupcake place down the hotel.

Day2- cable car to Ghirardeli square, some icecream there and then a cab ride to Chinatown. We ate at the great eastern. Disappointed as there were no veggie dimsum options. Otherwise the food was great. Evening we shopped in Market street. The view from the Ghirardeli square was perfect and the weather was good.

Day3- Union street and Filmore. We ate at the crepe place La Belle (forgot the name). We loved this neighbourhood and the hilly roads. Was a sight to see cars parked on the slopes here.

The 3 day muni pass was a great idea. Did the mistake of ordering a sundae at Lori's diner. It was terrible.

Some streets around the hotel at night were not that great to walk around alone. Maybe it is safe, but I was just didnt get that feeling. Having lived in NY city a few yrs ago I never got that feeling.

Overall SF has the best of all. Water,mountains, city life.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
688 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

forgot to mention we had some great mexican food and margaritas on mission street. The place was packed for dinner.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

Glad to hear you had a good time! Yes those cars parked at a steep angle... Not for the faint of heart to do haha

Level Contributor
34,742 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

Sounds fun! We love the sundaes at Ghiradelli. :)

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

Thanks for the report!

BTW How in the world does one ruin a sundae? That's quite a feat!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,469 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

You missed some local ice cream sorry you had to eat at Loris

Thanks for reporting back. We have not looked for veg dimsum at Great Eastern. Did you ask them and get puzzled looks? Most have Gailan, veg taro rolls, rice noodles, radish cakes that one can get. Oh well

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
688 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

that is what I also thought when I ate it. How can anyone go wrong with Sundaes.

mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

Could you name the mexican restaurant? Any other Mexican restaurant that is recommended by anyone??

8. Re: Trip report - Last weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:18