We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music

Riverside...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Live Music

Will be in town May 15 & 16. Staying Union Square. Does anybody know of any bars/restaurants that have live music on Wednesay and Thursday evenings? Rock, Country, Jazz, etc., causal atmosphere. Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music

I would also like to know this answer and would include Live music that has dancing with dinner available?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,665 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Music

Www.sfstation.com and www.sfweekly.com will have what's playing. There is Biscuit and Blues in the Union square area , Yoshis and Rasellas for jazz as well as www.sfjazz.org has events for the new jazz center

Riverside...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Music

Thanks belomiser, I will check it out!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Music

The Fillmore area with the jazz clubs Belo recommends has a rich history pbs.org/kqed/…swing.html and has a lot to offer http://www.fillmorestreetsf.com/entertainment

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Music

I don't know of any dinner-dance places, but you can do "grown-up" dancing at the Top of the Mark and have appetizers as well as cocktails. Thursday night is usually Stompy Jones, which I believe is swing/big band.

Biscuits & Blues, Yoshi's, SFJazz are all "show" type of environments... you buy a ticket, the music starts at a specific time and there is a charge for the show (and the performers are sort of the "headliner" type, someone you specifically go to see). If you want more of a drop-in kind of place (with no cover charges but no big names either) near Union Square, there is Les Joulins (Ellis St. near Stockton, live jazz), Zingari Restaurant bar (Post near Mason, live jazz), Johnny Foley's (O'Farrell at Cyril Magnin, rock music), Burritt Tavern (Stockton near Sutter, live jazz), Lefty O'Doul's (Geary near Powell, piano bar), Union Room (above Biscuits & Blues, Mason near Geary, live jazz).

Edited: 06 May 2013, 18:47
6. Re: Live Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:17