We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independance Day Celebrations

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Independance Day Celebrations

Hi guys,

Landing in SF on the 1st of July. Traveling alone from the UK and wondering where the best places to go are when you celebrate independence day.

Hoping to get some pretty cool photos of the fireworks that I think take place over the Golden Gate Bridge etc. Any tips and ideas would be greatly welcomed. I am staying on Post Street if that helps.

Cheers

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,310 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Independance Day Celebrations

Fireworks along the bay at night America's cup finals opening day so plenty to see along the Marina green and Embarcadero

Check www.sfgate.com/events closer to the date

Mentioned in this post
The Embarcadero
The Embarcadero
829 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
19,113 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Independance Day Celebrations

Fireworks will be great (although not at the bridge) if the fog doesn't come in....

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Independance Day Celebrations

My husband and I were in San Francisco for July 4 last year. There were fireworks off the marina at Aquatic Park. Everyone just found a perch and it was a clear night. Remember to dress in layers and possibly a base layer under your jeans or trousers. I had a long polar-fleece jacket but my legs below it were freezing after sitting still and on the cement wall for an hour or so.

As to photographs, I used my husband's compact Sony as I was too lazy to lug out the DSLR and tripod and remote release etc. (we had only landed that day, were a little weary!) and got some great shots, all handheld. Of course you have to be prepared for plenty of crap ones, too with camera shake or just "too-late-to-look".

4. Re: Independance Day Celebrations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 06:19