We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livermore Premium Outlet

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Livermore Premium Outlet

Hi all, I intend to visit the Livermore outlet. However as I don't drive, I read that we can take Bart and a bus to reach the outlet from SF (I'm staying at Union Square). May I know how long is the journey estimated? Is there any other method like hire a cab to go (may I know how much it cost?). Also I intend to plan my trip there on either 4th or 5th July. May I get some advise on which date is the best? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Livermore
Livermore
Tri-Valley, CA
Union Square
Union Square
1,859 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,217 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

It should take about an Hour to the last BART stop in Dublin and then my guess is about a 10-15 minute ride.

A cab will be very very very expensive. over 75 miles round trip and will negate any savings you may have at an outlet. It is a long holiday weekend so take your pick as both days will be packed perhaps 5th less than 4th but just a wild guess

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,098 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

I'd read this first.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k589862…

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

I know it doesn't apply to the OP in this case, but the car traffic has died down significantly from when it first opened. Also you can take a taxi from the Dublin/Pleasanton Bart station to the outlets. There are almost always taxi's waiting at the station. It's only a few miles so taxi should be in the $5-7 range.

Mentioned in this post
Pleasanton
Pleasanton
Tri-Valley, CA
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

Thanks! Yes I should be taking the Bart over then either bus or taxi.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

If you get a taxi at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station, I would get their phone number for the trip back.

I'd love to know how your shopping goes, and how it compares to shopping near Union Square.

Round trip on BART would be about $11 , plus taxi fare, and about 6 hrs of your time, at least.

Mentioned in this post
Pleasanton
Pleasanton
Tri-Valley, CA
Union Square
Union Square
1,859 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

Hi NorthernCalifGal,

Thanks for the advise! Sure useful. You mean the trip to n fro is 6 hours? I will let you know abt my trip when i'm back. Thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

The BART ride is about an hour each way. Add perhaps 15 minutes to wait for a train + cab ride. I would think travel time would be 2.5 - 3 hours.

I think the 6 hours included shopping time.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

3 hours at least of shopping time!

July 4th will be a holiday, but I'm not sure if that will impact the stores a lot, since a lot of people have parades and picnics and family or friend gatherings on that day. July 5 might be better, since there will be a regular, not holiday, schedule on BART, hence a few more trains an hour.

See bart.gov for their travel planner, where you can put in your trip and find out schedules, see maps, etc.

sf
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

They should be open July 4th, and the best specials are always on us Holiday Weekends, check the website after May 27th for the sales info as they only have the info for the next holiday that weekend.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Livermore Premium Outlet

Great! Thanks! Hopefully it will be a "eventful" trip! Looking forward to it!