We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

We are heading to San Francisco from Yosemite tomorrow. The cheapest accommodation I can find is $300 per night for a one star hotel. After staying in Caesars palace vegas for $70 a night I can't justify $300 for a one star. Any suggestions on somewhere outside San Francisco that might be a better option. Ultimately heading down the coast to LA for a flight back to Australia Sunday week.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

No sense waiting till the last minute....

Are you planning in spending time in SF? Maybe look for a place in the Burlingame area near the airport and take the BART to town.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Bay to Breakers Weekend. It's a high demand period. Good luck.

Burlingame, Millbrae, San Bruno, Brisbane/Oyster Point are all outside the city.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,265 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Think you need to look again and/or use a different booking site, while rates are sky high (and this is a case of why you shouldnt wait to the last minite to book), I just did a quick check and found 30+ hotels for ~$300 or less (before taxes).

There were clearly some that were "overpriced" and/or ones I wouldn't chose at these prices, but none were 1star hotels. Also, a handful may have been outside of SF, but certainly only a small number. I also didn't scan everything available (stopped counting when I got to ~30).

There were a fair number of good hotels under $300 (well, maybe not after taxes) in reasonable locations. Heck, some of them didn't seem too outrageous to me (but many did). What I didn't see were better hotels in better locations at anything less than top dollar ($300+ and +++).

For what it's worth I did my check on Kayak, but would expect to see similar rates/availability on many other sites,

Good luck,

hlo

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Very busy weekend in the Bay Area.

The Tour of California bicycle race will be in San Jose on Friday, Livermore to Mt. Diablo on Saturday, and the final stage of the race is Sunday travelling from the Marina District to Santa Rosa for the race finish.

Then Sunday besides the TOC start in San Francisco there are both the Bay to Breakers race and the Alcatraz Sharkfest swim.

Hopefully someone has some suggestions for you.

Edited: 17 May 2013, 04:20
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,273 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Also, comparing SF hotel rates to Las Vegas will never result in equal pricing. Las Vegas depends on cheap rooms (and lots of them) to bring in the gamblers that will drop money at the tables, and they make their profit that way. SF has relatively few hotels and high demand, so rates are generally high (or higher).

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,273 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

You could check the visitors' bureau website for availability of hotels: http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/stay/

Or call them tomorrow at 1(800) 637-5196.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,097 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Well try priceline. or hotwire or expedia and go for a 4 or 5 star if possible. Expedia says they have the for 250 plus tax. It is not going to be easy getting something cheaper than that.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,772 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Also if you are comparing hotel rates between Las Vegas and SF, at least pick equally busy times. Check Vegas hotel rates around new year (and Chinese new year) and you'll see comparable rates to SF.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

Even trying to get around town on Sunday will be difficult until 1-2PM after the craziness from Bay to Breakers settles down. Muni will be a mess.

Here's a list of street closures with the times of their closure and re-opening.

www.sharkfestswim.com/default.asp…

10. Re: Accommodation tomorrow and Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 06:18