We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homeless people

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Topic
Homeless people

So I visit San Fran in June this year and I am currently reading as much as I can.

Homeless people seems to be a point that comes up a lot in trip reports.

Is it really that bad compared with NYC/Washington DC?

I have been to both and while there were homeless people especially in the parks in DC, it was never an issue or something that effected our holiday.

Is San Fran going to be any worse, or just the norm for a big city?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: Homeless people

This thread was moribund, perhaps hibernating, but it is certainly not dead. All the posts and opinions therein are still valid. The homeless have not gone away. It seems a bit of serendip that this thread was revived by a rather odd post. But no harm was done. If it was helpful to only a few , such as our new-found friend Vicki, then it's all good.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Homeless people

"Necroposting" is dragging a old/ancient (i.e. "dead") thread back to the top of the list via a new response; which is often not even on point and/or generally worthless since the OP has long ago received an answer, completed there trip, or simply that the thread is no longer an active topic and there are often new, more active threads on the same topic.

The "necropost" in this case would be #41 which revived a thread that was nearly a year old and hadn't had any activity in almost 5 months, all to contribute nothing new.

While others may, I don't consider later (contemporary) responses to the thread to be necroposts, but of course at some point they would be.

Necroposting can lead to what I refer to as zombie thread. It shambles along with a mindless life of it's own never to be closed and contributing nothing.

hlo

Edited: 30 April 2014, 17:29
Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,471 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Homeless people

Wow...you learn something every day!!

Thanks for clarifying!

Vicki

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Homeless people

There are threads on other forums that magically get revived just before they are scheduled to close for good. This seems most especially true of the topic of "dental care" where a one hit wonder will pop up and ask the same question as the last one hit wonder. There should be a mechanism to close these without the time frame rule.

55. Re: Homeless people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 18:05
56. Re: Homeless people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 18:05
Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
57. Re: Homeless people

Sorry you didn't feel unsafe. You know you are the same guy who inquired about a tour of the neighborhood in Baltimore famous for The Wire, the TV show. So help us out.

Is the massive issue you think is here, your having selected a place off Minna and 6th, that despite admirable efforts - I am impressed - you still failed to experience an adequate rush of danger?

My man! Where have you been? Have you considered Mosul?