We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

So I just checked and the website does night list any night tour tickets available for when I will be in the area.(June 4-7). In fact the first night tour available was listed as June 26. Here is where I looked: https://www.alcatrazcruises.com/index.aspx

Any suggestions of any other way to get tickets for a night tour?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

Have you checked the TOP QUESTIONS? They have all the info you need including when to purchase (90 days in advance) where to purchase and in your case, what to do when tickets are sold out ? Others may have tickets but only can tell you if they have night ones.

ALCATRAZ: Which tour and how soon to get tickets? (Updated May 2013)

Personally, if a couple of the resellers don't have them, just go with the day tour.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 21:13
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

Agree on the above - Grab some day tour tickets before they are sold out too.

sf
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

Besides nights out on the Bay in June are usually quiet frigid. I just get chills thinking about it!!!

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

I had already looked Top Questions but unfortunately not until today so it looks like it is a day tour.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,523 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

Do a search of the forum, as I think someone commented recently that they found Night Tour tickets through a reseller... the thread may mention which one. Most of the resellers I know only sell the daytime tickets.

West Thurrock...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

I recommend you check out this site

http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

That is the same site Indy sites in the OP.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

I mentioned in a previous thread that i was able to secure tickets through a resaler. However, the next morning they emailed me saying that 'once they updated their inventory, they found there was no availability and my credit card had not been charged'.

So, I'm stuck with day tickets too.

I KNOW that it was said to book months in advance - but my point was at 7 weeks out, every time slot had availabiltiy. At 4 days later, NO TIME SLOT had availability. It was almost as if group buyers came in and bought up all the remaining tickets.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

Yes there are differences between the day and night tour but just to put things in perspective, if you go on the day tour, you are going to the same Island, you can still spend 2-3-4 hours, it really is ok :-). You could see if the gardens tour is available if you want to add that on some days and it is not an extra price

Fwiw my uneducated guess is that the bulk of the people in SF and the Bay Area have not been on that island. Many can see it from their homes or their place of work and that is good enough for them.

10. Re: Alcatraz Night tour- any suggestions on tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:17