We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay overnight near Beach Blanket Babylon Show?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay overnight near Beach Blanket Babylon Show?

Hi Guys, Will be celebrating my 48th birthday Sat 27th July and since we are visiting our daughter in San Fran, would love to see Beach Blanket Babylon Show. Would love to make a real fun night of it and stay in the city overnight. As I am from Brisbane QLD Australia..I am not too familiar with the area and would appreciate some suggesstions for overnight accommodation,any tips re the show,discounts,where best seats are etc and any diff between 6:30 and 9:30 show and do most people have dinner before or after or is the snack service enough during the show?? How expensive are the drinks? How long does the show go for? and lastly our budget for accommodation is approx max US$150 per night with breaky..but without is not a deal breaker. Thanks in advance.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay overnight near Beach Blanket Babylon Show?

I will let the locals answer most of your questions, but I will bet your daughter has some of the answers.

Anyway, it is not necessary to stay near the venue of Beach Blanket Babylon as San Francisco is compact and there is good transportation around the city. I don't know of any hotels in that area, myself.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay overnight near Beach Blanket Babylon Show?

You could easily stay in the Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf areas and be within 10 minutes by cab of BBB. Or splash out on something like the Inn on Washington Square (that may not be the exact name) and be within walking distance.

Show is 90 minutes long; I don't think there's a difference in content between the two shows. Seating, my preference is the Rear Cabaret, but be there an hour in advance, when the doors open, and choose a seat in the front row of the Rear Cabaret. (Seating is cabaret-style, chairs around small cocktail tables, not theatre-style.) Discounts on a Saturday during the summer are unlikely and wouldn't be available until that day at the TIX office. The snacks are not adequate for me, so I would eat after the early show or before the late show. Not sure on drink prices, but I don't think there's a minimum (bar is cash-only, though), so I don't think you have to order anything.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,191 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay overnight near Beach Blanket Babylon Show?

Check Goldstar.com. I see discount tickets there regularly.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay overnight near Beach Blanket Babylon Show?

If you're willing to take a cab to the financial district, you can sometimes snag a deal on the weekends. Travelzoo may have deals. Some people have good luck with Priceline. Betterbidding.com gives you info on recent pricelines deals. BTW the one time I went to Babylon, parking was horrendous. Even many of the parking lots were full. So if may be hard or $$$ to park there.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 13:53
5. Re: Where to stay overnight near Beach Blanket Babylon Show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:16