We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin St Francis without a car

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Westin St Francis without a car

I am thinking of booking the Westin St Francis. I noticed valet parking is $60, which is a lot of money.

Realistically how practical would it be for a tourist to stay there without a car? i am thinking to spend 2 nights there, then rent a car and visit napa valley, maybe overnight, before heading east to stay with a friend in sorona.

Thanks for your advice.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin St Francis without a car

The general advice of forum regulars is you're better of *without* a car when visiting SF. The rather steep parking fees (which you've seen) being one of the main reasons.

MUNI (SF's transit system) will be able to take you to anywhere in the city that you'll want to go (and places you won't want to go) reasonable quick & easy and without any traffic or parking headaches (or costs).

You might want to investigate getting a MUNI Passport (3 day variety) as it will get you unlimited rides on MUNI for the 3 days (too lazy to look up the cost, but think it's ~$20). Won't always save you money over regular fares, but there are lots of intangible benefits and even if it doesn't save money, the "lost" money is pretty minimal. The savings can, however, be substantial if you're going to be riding the Cable Cars more (which otherwise are $6 every time you board).

Hope this helps,

hlo

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin St Francis without a car

Thanks, that makes it easier for me. :-)

3. Re: Westin St Francis without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:18