We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop-on Hop-off Tours

Pensacola, Florida
14 posts
Save Topic
Hop-on Hop-off Tours

I'll be in SF for a week next month and thought I'ld take a HOHO first day to get a good overview of the city. I've narrow it down to two companies Big Bus Tours and City Sightseeing tours. Which is the better?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop-on Hop-off Tours

Big Bus is a new entry to the SF market so you might not see many reviews. I see their buses quite frequently around town and they seem to have a lot of buses on their circuit.

After reviews, I think to narrow down which works for you is to compare the offerings. Take a look at the routes. Do they cover everything you want? Do you have a preference for live or audio track narration? What is the advertised frequency between buses? How late do they run? Are multi-day tickets available (if that would be of interest)?

Both run double deck style buses for better viewing.

It's unlikely you'll find anyone on the board who has done both.

California
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop-on Hop-off Tours

I can't recommend a company but can advise you to make sure the tour you select visits the entire city as some do not. Plan in advance and check the various routes. Give your hotel a call in advance of your arrival as to which company they would recommend.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,685 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop-on Hop-off Tours

I think the deals for 2-3 days may be better than a one day HO-HO tour or there are shorter guided tours that can do half day tours listed in the Top Questions. I see both companies around town. Get the best deal as was mentioned before

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,423 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop-on Hop-off Tours

I like City Sightseeing's routes and combo deals they have.

You can also get a small discount on this website.

http://guideyou.com/

5. Re: Hop-on Hop-off Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:17