We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
186 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

We'll be arriving at 9:30pm. What's the best method of getting to the Best Western Fisherman's Warf, taxi?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,458 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

We love to help visitors, we really do so we spend time to keep the TQs on the right side updated.

TOP QUESTION How to get from SFO Airport to Fisherman's Wharf?

We get it when new visitors who are new to TA dont see the Top Questions but I personally don't get it when some with over 100 posts has not seen the TQs

Please don't get me wrong. We want to help you but do challenge us with your SF questions something the TQs don't cover

If you are coming in the first week of July, you may want to check this forum for a possible BART strike

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

Belo, regarding the Top Questions, I wonder if people don't see them on their mobile devices. I can't when I view the site on my iPod touch, as I'm doing now. I see we have a hardcoded topic for trip reports. Should we add one for TQs?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,458 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

it was Al Tippet who suggested that as well. The issue with a sticky TQ is that it is hard to replace the links as we update or change content. Links to Traveller Articles are fine as the content in the articles can be updated but we have some that are not articles and that is hard (see the What to see and do in SF which is very popular and the Alcatraz one which is very popular) The LA forum has done that if you notice. HSJ has a sticky there.

Other regulars and DEs what you do you think ?

Edited: 28 June 2013, 16:42
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

why can't TA write somewhere obvious: before you post please read the TQ. or, see if there are Top Questions to this destination; located to the right. and/or make the statement clickable.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

99% certain there used to be a sticky on most (all?) forums entitled something like "Read This Before Posting" (or something similar) which pointed out things like: read the TQs, when asking questions be specific & provide details . . . you know all the things we keep telling/asking people.

Pretty sure they were dropped because, just like about any other "read this first" on the internet, nobody ever read them.

hlo

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

LOL how about making it an option. read the TQ. did you read it? no, go back. did you read it, yes, click, you now get access to all you wonderful volunteers.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,458 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

HLO is correct. There were a couple of stickies that were there and the content had not been updated because it is hard to do so and we removed them and added the TR sticky and it needed TA help.

There is no denying that mobile use is rising and will be a very high pipe for TA Can you imagine TA forums via Google Glass ? It is no longer a pipe dream where travel info meets social media for checkin In fact you can see it in the new version of google maps on your laptop

TA is trying to keep up but forums are very low on the TA mobile apps totem pole. Even now there are various points of entry to a post on our forum. Via the CA forum page, via the SF main page among other and one does not see the stickies But on a mobile one does get to the stickies first. I have an idea that we can use perhaps one link to a page which the Regualrs can update and control. Let me noodle on that.

Edited: 28 June 2013, 19:26
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

under the permanent trip reports, can sal put in: read TQ -->. sorry, if this is what you're saying already. i don't speak tech.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

The TA Android apps are such a pain that I gave up using them on my phone and tablet.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,458 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From the airport to Fisherman's Warf hotel

SImba -- the iphone android apps product manager posted in the Palo Alto Forum. you can send her your issues via a PM. I think she will welcome them and it goes directly to the dev team in PA than to some one in Newton who then posts it into some system.