We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttles if BART strikes

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
719 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport shuttles if BART strikes

My family and I and a bunch of fellow convention-goers are arriving at SFO on Wednesday. It seems that the best transportation alternative if BART is on strike is reserving a whole Super Shuttle van for our group ($75 divided by 8 people as opposed to $17 each). My question is this -- if I wait until Monday to see if BART actually goes on strike, am I likely to have trouble reserving a shuttle because everyone will need them? Should I go ahead and reserve one before knowing for sure about the strike? Thanks!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,099 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

I'd reserve it now. Even if BART was running, each passenger would pay $8.25 each, so you are even with a shuttle, and also will go straight to your hotel as an added bonus.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,504 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

If you have 8 people I would just book a shuttle. Try Lorie's shuttle or Super as you mention. More convenient than BART for 8 people with bags et al. 67 for BART v/s 75 for a shuttle so it not that much of a saving on BART.

Edit: NorCal and I agree

Edited: 30 June 2013, 02:32
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
719 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

Thanks -- I don;'t exactly "have" 8 people yet, as I haven't heard back from 3 of them, but even if I don't I'll probably go ahead and book the shuttle tomorrow. So much looking forward to this trip!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,099 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

Even if you only have five, I think it's a prudent idea. Plenty of people may be caught unaware. You could probably pick more up from your flight if BART strikes. Check sfgate.com for up to date news on this

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,099 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

I'd book it tonight.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
719 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

Done! thanks for the encouragement!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

If BART doesn't strike you can always cancel the shuttle.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 15:18
Chicago
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

I agree with others, re: booking a shuttle now -

9. Re: Airport shuttles if BART strikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19