We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
84 posts
194 reviews
Save Topic
No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

Hi. With the exception of our first time in SF we always have stayed at Vitale hotel mainly because of the location and the fact that it is across from the Ferry building. Thanks to America's cup, their rate is any where from $400-500 for Sept 3rd or 4th for three nights. As much as we like to stay at the five star hotels, we can't afford it. We need a room with two beds. So far I have come up with the following hotels in the order of low to high as far of the prices goes.

Monaco

Palace

Taj

Farrmount

If you can think of any other ones I am missing please let me know. Basically we prefer more modern hotels with a nice, good size bathroom in a quitter area.

Thank you

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,418 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

They are all good choices. Location wise Monaco and Taj are great. Palace is not bad at all. Fairmont is on Nob Hill so a bit harder to get to and from if you want to walk The Taj would I think be in the same category as the Vitale but you cannot go wrong with the Monaco

Edited: 01 July 2013, 21:23
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

Based on all the information you've given, I'd probably go with Monaco.

You won't go wrong with any of them, my preference is based on your comment that it is the lowest price, followed by its location and reputation. That said, if the price differential is very slight, then I might be tempted to go with one of the other ones.

That's my $.02,

hlo

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

Is the Fairmont a tower room or in the historic building? If a tower room that would be my first choice as they all have super views.

Otherwise I'd go with the Taj.

The Palace is a historic building so I don't think it ticks your boxes based on "modern" or "large bathrooms."

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,279 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

Be wary of bathrooms at the Fairmont and Palace unless you get a tower room at the Fairmont as suggested. Definitely would be quieter on Nob Hill otherwise I would go for the Monaco.

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

make sure you get a bigger room at monaco. we stayed in the smallest room EVER there one time. smaller than the harbor court which we really like (same area as vitale) but rooms are small

california
Level Contributor
84 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

Thank you everyone. There is a big difference in price and room size for Taj VS Monaco.

The double/ double at Taj is 360 sq VS Monaco 250 sq.

Price at Taj for three nights is $1199.07 VS Monaco at $743.67.

The location and noise factor seems to be better at Taj. A lot of people complained about the traffic noise and lack of view at Monaco. But the difference in price is $455 so I have to see if Monaco is worth it concidering the room is much smaller and the noise factor. Monaco's Jr Suite comes to$881 and it is 380 square, but it is a single king bed. I guess I have to decide.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,418 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

Yup. Those are personal decisions. You can see photos at www.oyster.com and see select rooms. You are in a city so there will be noise and you can ask for rooms away from the street

Also in a city, it depends on how much time you are spending in your room with or without a view compared to time you spend around SF.

Location of taj vs Monaco is really not a big deal. We are talking less than 5 mins part. I am a choosy person also but I think you are over thinking this IMHO But it is your money and your time.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 21:28
8. Re: No luck with Vitale, which one ot this hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:19