We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a young couple road trip

1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for a young couple road trip

My boyfriend and I are in our twenties and will be in San Francisco for 4 days this summer by car. It will be our first time there. We are hoping to save on hotels as much as possible and spend the bulk of our travel money doing activities and dining. If you have a travel itinerary, hotel recommendations or suggestions for great places to visit, try and see during the day or evening that would be amazing! We love sports, food, music, comedy, pop culture, sightseeing, books and fashion. Thank you!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for a young couple road trip

oh fijona, there is so much you need to research. please look at the top questions to the right. by any chance were you on a mobile/app? did you see the post that read something like: top questions to ask for SF?

either way you need to get started asap. see why you shouldn't have a car; and what to do. exact dates would be very helpful. hopefully you can find a place given how busy SF will be.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for a young couple road trip

<<We are hoping to save on hotels as much as possible>>

Understandable but to be of any real help we need to know what your budget is in US dollars (I don't know where you're from). First thing you need to do is nail down your accommodations if you plan on being here in the next few weeks.

If SF is the beginning or ending of your road trip it would be advisable to get rid of the car for your time in SF. Parking is expensive at downtown and Wharf hotels. Having one and needing free parking will have your staying outside the downtown core.

Given the general nature of your question, I think getting a guidebook (Lonely Planet perhaps or Eyewitness) would be a worthwhile venture. Read through our Top Questions and also the Trip Reports from other travelers.

Given your interest in sports, I would suggest checking the Giants schedule to see if they'll be in town during your stay (this is baseball). There is a BART strike on now (regional system) so getting over to Oakland for an A's game might be problematic.

3. Re: Recommendations for a young couple road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:18