We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

Newtonmore, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

My daughter is travelling thro San Fran for three nights in August. She will be travelling alone and needs centrally located, budget (but clean and safe) accomodation. Any backpackers out there can make a recommendation?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

There is an excellent Top Question (right side of screen on a non-mobile device) with a long list of recommended budget hotels.

Have your daughter read through those and see what might work.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

Check the Top Questions (to the right if you're on a computer) or the 10 Questions "stickie" if your'e not, both have a link to a "Union Square Budget Hotels" thread. I started the budget hotel thread, which doesn't include hostels which might be a better fit for her, but includes ~20 hotels that meet your criteria.

Last point, you might include a desired budget as the will impact suggestions. Also, specific dates are worthwhile as rates can vary a lot in SF by just a day or two.

hlo

Edit: Dang Sal, that's twice you've beat me while I was "typing" on my phone today, don't you have better things to be doing on the 4th? ;-)

Edited: 04 July 2013, 22:48
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

LOL, hlo ... you were longer and I'm on my laptop which is a lot faster.

Have the feet up after a mani/pedi in anticipation of the evenings festivities. You'll look great with the Tiara!

Happy Fourth!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,474 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

If your daughter is looking for hostel type accommodations you should look into either the Pacific Tradewinds Backpacker Hostel http://www.san-francisco-hostel.com or Green Tortoise www.greentortoise.com/san-francisco-hostel

Both get good reviews and are in great locations next to ChinaTown and easy access to public transportation. Dorm room beds are about $30/night and private rooms are around $80/night

Edited: 05 July 2013, 03:33
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,162 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

A young friend of mine just traveled solo to San Francisco and enjoyed her stay at USA Hostel on Post in Union Square. She said it was clean, safe and she had a great time.

www.usahostels.com/sanfrancisco/index.html…

6. Re: Budget Accomodation Downtown SF for a lone 21yr old female

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 06:20