We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for dining in the Union Street area

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
La Paz, Mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for dining in the Union Street area

Hello!

First let me say that I tried searching in the forums but all the mayority of the results where from the Union Square area..

I also found the Union Street website (http://www.unionstreetshop.com/eat.html), but I would like to ask the experts from this forum about any highlights or recommendations for dining in the Union Street area, with a medium budget, maybe a seafood, or a steak place.

Also, any general recommendations, maybe a nice shop to visit or something alike, you're welcome to share! =)

Thanks in advance,

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,312 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for dining in the Union Street area

What part of Union Street? It's a pretty long street ....

And, just to clarify, you want Union Street, NOT Union Square ?

Dr. Z

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for dining in the Union Street area

If you mean the section of Union Street in Cow Hollow I like Capanina's and Rose's Café. However, I think there are better options a few blocks away on Chestnut. Bistro Aix is one of my favorites (on Steiner between Lombard and Chestnut).

Both Union Street (between Octavia and Steiner) and Chestnut (Fillmore to Divisadero) are lined with shops, cafes, bars and restaurants.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,544 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for dining in the Union Street area

I like Cafe des Amis on Union Street. Betelnut has had some changes in identity recently, but may have recovered their footing -- they used to be quite good. On Steiner Street, I like Isa, just a few doors from Bistro Aix mentioned above (which I also like).

La Paz, Mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for dining in the Union Street area

Hello, thank you all for your replies!

Dr. Z, sorry for not mentioning the streets, we had a map from our previous visit to SF (2011), which showed the "Union Street Shops" as a top spot, so we thought it was a well known area. According to the website I posted before, the location is between Gough and Steiner.

Also thanks to Susan and Ramblin, from your replies I can assume all that area in general is full of options..

Sorry for my english, I'm from Mexico

5. Re: Recommendations for dining in the Union Street area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 05:17