We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noe Valley Address

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Noe Valley Address

First of all, I want to thank all the TA people out that for all their help in giving advice and feedback to posters. I have come to rely on the forum when planning trips and find the information extremely valuable.

My family of four is looking for an apt for a 4 night stay and we like the Noe Valley neighborhood (stayed here on our only trip to SF and loved the ease of street parking and nice restaurants, etc.). I posted an earlier thread with some address questions, but have one more to review:

http://www.vrbo.com/278271

Casa Tranquilio

looks like it is either between Castro St & Diamond St or 22nd and castro

Any feedback on the address is appreciated. This is more room than our family of four needs, but the rate is very good and I am having trouble finding a nice 2 bath rental.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Noe Valley Address

Also, looking at this one in Pacific Heights which has a garage space which looks nice.

http://www.vrbo.com/482468

Pacific between Webster and Buchanan

Any thoughts on this address and the advantages of a Pacific Heights rental (over Noe Valley).

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noe Valley Address

I'm surprised that you mention "ease of street parking" and Noe Valley in the same sentence. My experience in the area is that parking is not at all easy -- at least anywhere near 24th St. shops.

I don't see any "advantages" either way. They are both nice neighborhoods, both with good transit options. The Pacific Heights location is closer to shops and restaurants which begin at Fillmore and Jackson and continue down Fillmore to Sutter. (And then becomes Japantown with more.)

Still scratching my head over the car thing.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noe Valley Address

I frequently drive to visit friends in Noe Valley and run errands on the 24th Street corridor and have had good luck finding parking - parking seems easier there than most other neighborhoods. Keep in mind that parts of the neighborhood have residential permit parking including most of 22nd Street

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Noe Valley Address

Thanks for the heads up about the permit. I will check that out. Would you say this is a good location in Noe Valley regarding nice restaurants, etc., or are all parts of the neighborhood pretty much the same?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noe Valley Address

24th St between Douglass and Dolores is :downtown" Noe Valley and is where the shops and restaurants are located. So the closer to 24th street, the better

Edited: 09 July 2013, 22:27
6. Re: Noe Valley Address

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:18