We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on where to stay, parking car

I K
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help on where to stay, parking car

Hi all -- we are a family of 4 arriving to SF from Sacramento via car on a Saturday around 11am. We plan to stop over in Berkeley on the way in to SF. Want to see Golden Gate Bridge and take a cable car ride down the lombard street stretch. Stay in SF Saturday night and head towards Monterey Sunday.

need to identify a budget friendly place to stay in SF for the night. Also where to park the car as we hear it is better to use local transit while in SF.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sacramento
Sacramento
California
Berkeley
Berkeley
California
Golden Gate Bridge
Golden Gate Bridge
42,443 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Monterey
Monterey
Monterey County, CA
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,197 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on where to stay, parking car

Did you not just post this reply in the CA forum

>>Thanks much! I will read up and post some questions on local forums.

Well then, please do read this post

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-s510/San-Franc…

There is a map with a list of hotels, a list of hotels that are budget and may have parking. As I mentioned in the CA forum, we love to help but please do not expect us to spoon feed.

www.sfcablecar.com has routes. The powell hyde car will take you to the top but it does NOT go down the crooked street

Edited: 15 July 2013, 19:37
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on where to stay, parking car

none of your postings have an exact date. what date do you plan to arrive in SF?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on where to stay, parking car

"none of your postings have an exact date. what date do you plan to arrive in SF?"

Well there is certainly one post that provides a decent estimate:

"third week of August"

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on where to stay, parking car

thanks suzie, i was quickly scanning for a number. for the 17th of august if you plan to drive be aware that this event that may impact your driving times and parking availability:

Louis Vuitton Cup / America's Cup Challenger Series FINAL - busy along the north shore/embarcadero.

I K
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on where to stay, parking car

Thanks much for letting me know! Appreciate that. We are going to be arriving in Sacramento and driving to SF on August 17th! Am going to get a hotel that has parking or make sure we park and use public transit. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Sacramento
Sacramento
California
6. Re: Help on where to stay, parking car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:18