We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

Hi Can anyone help me. We are just about to take off to SF via Vancouver and Seattle. Researching the trip several months ago on T/A I printed out a post about a private cab / taxi company that had a fixed rate (about $10.00 from memory) from the airport to our B&B where we are staying in Prague Street.

I have been trawling through all the old posts and can't find the one I found earlier. Does this sound familiar to anyone and can direct me to the post I'm looking for?

Many thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

I'm not aware of any private transit from SFO to the city for $10. Even a shared shuttle is more than that. I use Pleasant Limo but their rate into town is $57 -- www.pleasantlimo.com Others among us use Uber, and it is a little cheaper, download their app to your smartphone. But I believe you have to set up an account with a credit card.

I'm a little concerned that you're staying on Prague Street. It's not the greatest neighborhood, but besides that it is a LONG way away from downtown. It's two bus rides and probably 40 minutes travel time to Union Square. Nor am I aware of any B&B out that way. Are you sure it's Prague Street?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

Besides a comment on the Ballpark, I don't see you asking us about your hotel or B&B location and was the 10 mentioned wrt BART and a Muni Ride -- one can get a $8.25 BART ride and$2 MUNi ride with transfer so around 10.25

A $10 cab ride will get you to a SFO Airport hotel just around the airport but not into SF city limits

Edited: 29 July 2013, 15:40
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

is it possible they are talking about lyft or uber?

sf
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

What is the address on Prague? Is it near Mission? Because as you get away from Mission, you get farther from transit. You're not to far from Balboa BART, depending on the address.

AS for the $10 fare BART + MUNI is more than that amount.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 19:07
New Zealand
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

Thanks very much I appreciate all your comments and I will check out the address we're booked into

Regards

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

I had never even heard of Prague Street. It's so far south, I almost consider it out of the city - or more of a suburb. Anything south of 280 there is a bit cut off for me.

I think I was called out on that opinion in a post from a year ago.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,974 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

>>>It's so far south, I almost consider it out of the city - or more of a suburb. Anything south of 280 there is a bit cut off for me.<<<

LOL! My parents live near there now - "University Mound" according to Google Maps but I can never decide if it is Portola or something else. FWIW - easy access to the freeway is hard to beat. But agree if OP is indeed on Prague St, that is REALLY out of the typical tourist area. Although I remember seeing a vrbo listing for a house that was in that general vicinity. But that was catering to people with at car... and not at B&B.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

This post is to help the OP on their transit and SF plans. Please lets not get into what is SF and not SF discussion - yet again.

I don't think anyone would argue it is not the ideal place for a visitor to see the city from and that would help the visitor more than whether it falls in the city and county of SF -- just my humble opinion

Edited: 29 July 2013, 20:53
sf
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

I'm really laughing about SFI's comments, about Prague street. Its in the Excelsior district near to where I grew up, and where a lot of family still live. Granted its not a "tourist area" but depending on his stay, budget, and whether or not has a car its doable.

The address wasn't provided, nor the details of the trip.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Cabs from S F airport to private address

sfimporter - as a DE are you even FROM San Francisco, or have even looked at a map of the city? If you had bothered to look beyond your own front porch and learn a bit about the city where you supposedly live, you would know that Prague Street and the Excelsior District have a rich history and have located well within the San Francisco City Limits since 1860.