We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SF Hilton

Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
SF Hilton

I am going to a conference in SF in November at the Moscone Center. My wife is going to fly up and meet me and we plan on taking in all the sights. We like to stay at Hilton properties. Would it be better to stay at the Financial District Hilton or Union Square? Thanks!

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,260 reviews
from US$99.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir...
1,581 reviews
from US$117.00*
Best Seller
Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and...
209 reviews
from US$110.00*
Best Seller
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods and...
2,472 reviews
from US$62.00*
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SF Hilton

The Union Square location is closer (walking distance) to the Moscone Convention Center

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SF Hilton

Yep ... as above. Other than that I'd say it's a toss up.

Want to be in the center of things ... around Union Square ... then that's the one.

Want to be a bit closer to Chinatown or North Beach ... then the other.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
9,688 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SF Hilton

Washington Square is the better tourist area, especially for the wife, while you are at the conference.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SF Hilton

I would much rather be in the Union Square Area as base for visiting San Francisco

California
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SF Hilton

Another vote for the Union Square area which close to tons of shopping, restaurants, etc. Easy to get around from there in regards to transportation as well.

6. Re: SF Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19