We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Hi,

Looking for suggestions for a 10th anniversary dinner. Doesn't have to be super fancy since we'll be traveling and won't have a suit or dress to wear so casual attire is preferred. We would like something with a nice view if possible and it has to have a vegetarian option. I see Boulevard suggested often but their menu doesn't show any vegetarian options. It would be for Thu Sept 19.

Thanks in advance.

Belinda

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

If you truly want vegetarian with a view then check out Green's at Fort Mason. (I think it's overpriced for what you get but then I'm a carnivore.)

OTOH ... many of the "view" restaurants in the city aren't necessarily known for their stellar cuisine. I would suggest unlinking the two requirements.

Most good restaurants in town will have veggie options. Two of my recent faves are Venticello and Frascatti.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,430 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Greens would be also my choice. But just about any restaurant in SF will have more than one Veggie option. Use www.opentable.com and you can see their listing of special occasion restaurants. If you have other criteria we can narrow the choices.

Boulevard should have some options that they could make for you if you go there. You can see they accompany their main protein with plenty of veggies. A suit is not needed in any of the restaurants but it would be nice to dress up and go. But a nice shirt and slacks are fine.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 03:25
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,506 posts
5,255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Agree with the two above...

Greens has a stellar view of the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge.

The food is expertly prepared and quite good......

regardless if you are a carnivore or a vegetarian.

If you opt for that ask for a window seat so you have a nice view of the bridge

and let them know its your anniversary,.

The other good place in San Francisco for vegetarian is Milllenium

For more on both see:

http://www.greensrestaurant.com/

http://millenniumrestaurant.com/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Options already stated are goid. Also take a look at http://www.theplantcafe.com/location/pier-3 which has meat options and Bay views.

Congrats

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,016 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

The Plant is good, but not what I'd consider a special event restaurant... more of a casual lunch place on the water.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,592 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Agree with above. Greens is classic San Francisci and fits the bill.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Susan: now i understand why my DW was underwhelmed at our 20th anniversary :-)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

By the way, there are several Plant locations and some are very much lunch places. But the Pier 3 location has an area that is more formal sit-down restaurant and menu. Reason why i suggested it is that it is by the waterfront, has veggie options and Bay Views and is informal.

But then, in thinking about my definition of informal, realizing that Greens and many good restaurants do not have dress codes so also meets a definition of informal.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Another vote for Green's.

If you're looking for ideas for other meals, you might want to check out yelp. You can filter and get a list of other vegetarian restaurants.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary dinner with vegetarian option

Thanks everyone, I think we'll go with Greens. My hubbie is a carnivore but he has agreed to try it :-) He doesn't mind vegetarian as long as it's tasty.