I will be visiting San Francisco in September and am planning to use the Hop On Hop Off tour to get to Golden Gate Park. We'd like to rent bikes to ride through the park for a few hours. I haven't ridden a bike for quite some time. My questions are:
1. What bike rental company is closest to where the Hop On Hop Off bus will drop us off at the park?
2. Is the park hilly? Is it an easy bike ride?
3. Is this the best way to see the park on a weekday? From what I've read, shuttles tour the park on weekends, but not weekdays, correct?
4. Is there a map you would suggest we use to see the highlights of the park that we can access on our bikes?
5. To just ride through the park (not tour inside the museum or tea garden, etc.), how much time should we plan that this would take?
We are not planning to bike ride outside the park.