We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Devonport, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

I'm heading to San Francisco in August of 2014 as a solo traveler and I'm interested to heading to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield. I'm wondering what public transport is available from San Francisco to Fairfield. Any info is gratefully appreciated. Cheers.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

Fairfield is not on a direct transit line to SF so it may involve 3-4 transfers and according to google maps take 7 hours or so round trip which is ridiculous. Perhaps our East bay friends have faster options It would be easier to rent a car for the day

Devonport, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

Thank you :) That's disappointing as I was hoping not to have to rent a car, as i wouldnt be the most confident driving especially being used to driving on the other side of the road and in unfamiliar country. Thanks again for your help

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

TBH I don't see the Jelly Belly Factory being a draw for adults. And certainly not unless you happen to be driving by.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,532 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

Take Amtrak Capitol Corridor train from San Francisco to Suisun-Fairfield station, from there take a taxi. Jelly Belly is about 3 miles from the train station.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 02:49
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,532 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

Sal one of our former presidents, who is from Calif, was an avowed fan of Jelly Belly. I am quite certain it would be an attraction for him. I saw a segment on the Jelly Belly factory on Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods episode. It was quite interesting.

Devonport, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

Thank you very much for the transport info, greatly appreciated! While I understand that the Jelly Belly factory is not for everyone, it interests me and I think i would enjoy it while visiting your country.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

According to Google maps BART to Richmond to capital Corridor to Fairfield takes over 3 hours each way but if one take the bus , it may be just over 2 hours each way

http://goo.gl/maps/GNwvS

TSS any suggestions ? You can change the route to the Capital corridor by adjusting the transit to train

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,532 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

According to the Amtrak website, it takes a bit less than 2 hrs to go from SF (Ferry Building station) to Suisun-Fairfield station. 30 min by bus from Ferry Building to Emeryville, then one hour from Emeryville to Suisun-Fairfield.

Devonport, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

Thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it!

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Public Transport From San Francisco to Fairfield

No need to take Amtrak to Suisun City! You guys are leading our future visitor on a wild goose chase. :)

From San Francisco, hop on BART and ride to El Cerrito del Norte BART Station. From there, take FAST (sometimes referred to as "Solano Link") Route 90 to Fairfield.

Once in Fairfield, the Jelly Belly factory is a short taxi ride away from the transit center. Alternatively, you can take FAST Route 7, which stops a block or 2 away from your destination.

http://www.bart.gov

fasttransit.org/schedules-maps/…