We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Velvet Room at the Clift

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Velvet Room at the Clift

Thinking about buying a Groupon for a price-fixe meal for two for $89. Anybody done that?

It comes with your choice of soups, entrée, and a bottle of wine. Sounds like a great deal

for this place. Anybody eaten here lately?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,288 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Velvet Room at the Clift

Have you checked out the reviews on yelp ? There is one about that groupon deal . Perhaps more...

It would not be in my list of 100 places to eat in SF

Edited: 03 September 2013, 17:31
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Velvet Room at the Clift

From what I've seen of restaurant Groupons lately, they're aren't for the greatest places.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Velvet Room at the Clift

While the Clift is a very trendy hotel, popular with the South Beach/LA crowd, I don't hear any buzz about the Velvet Room, which (along with the existence of a Groupon) leads me to think that it is failing. For restaurants, generally, speaking, a Groupon is the step just before closing. We're such a foodie town that I'm not sure there are any "hidden" gems. If there's a good restaurant, it will be front and center on food blogs, columns, websites, newsletters, etc.

4. Re: Velvet Room at the Clift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 05:16