We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Canada
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Well, I have a few trips coming up that will require a quick overnight at SFO.

Most of the stays are evening arrival and early to mid morning departures. I've booked into the newish Aloft for one trip, considering the Inn at Oyster Point for another......

Ideally would like a spot with a frequent reliable Airport shuttle, breakfast option, WiFi, ...and spotless.

The choices seem endless.....the reviews all seem to blur together after a while.Maybe there is one spot that would have me looking no further?

Suggestions?

Edited: 09 September 2013, 05:52
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Not really. the SFO hotels are designed for business people coming in for a quick meeting, not for tourists. Faceless, bland, no character.

I do not know about Aloft, but I have often thought that if I were in your position, Inn at Oyster Point looked like the most interesting. I think they would have what you are looking for, and maybe a little more character than the herd.

Edited: 09 September 2013, 06:04
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Aloft tries to be hip. It seems designed for 20+ year old management consultants that need to travel during the week to visit clients.

Olten, Switzerland
Level Contributor
36 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Check out the Hotel Union Square.

You can take BART from and to SFO Airport (takes approx. 20minuts to Powell St)

The Hotel offers great rooms, free Wifi (very rare in the City) free Coffee and Tea in the Morning and free Wine hour in the evening (incl. Live Music) the Hotel is directly at Powell St so you have the cable car Station right in front of the Hotel entrance.

It offers also a free Business Center and for Breakfast you have 3 Starbucks just about 1 block away and even more Restaurants too.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,458 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Well the Inn at Oyster point and bay landing seem to mentioned often. I presume you are here for meetings so how are you going for these meetings ?

Spotless hotels ? I think the closest Ritz is in SF and I dont think it is spotless

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

I find the Inn at Oyster Point intriguing. I would stay there. I see no reason to go in to San Francisco if “you’re-not-going-to-San-Francisco,” if you’re simply overnighting at SFO to make a connection.

Your inquiry is very different from one by persons considering an SFO hotel for a San Francisco visit because of costs.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Thanks all for the input!

I think I shall book the next couple of overnights at the Inn at Oyster Point. I like the idea of the included breakfast delivered to the room ....or packed to go...whichever is your preference.

Any thoughts on the Sofitel SFO.....I wonder if it might be a little far out from the Airport?

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,458 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

The best help we can give is when the visitor provides us with relevant info. We asked earlier where you plan to be near SFO and how you plan to get around. Without that just naming hotels and asking how they are, is best answered by reading the reviews If you are interested in the Sofitel which is about 20 or so minutes away in Redwood city, please go ahead after reading reviews but it begs the question how are you getting around ? Is your business in Redwood Shores ?

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

The Inn at Oyster Point is pretty isolated. No restaurants or shops nearby, other than the hotel's restaurant.

If that's OK, then it's as good as any other place.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

belo,

I think that OP made it clear.

<<Well, I have a few trips coming up that will require a quick overnight at SFO.

Most of the stays are evening arrival and early to mid morning departures.

I think it is obvious that these are business trips. Probably getting "around" by shuttle, or.....doesn't seem concerned about that.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can a SFO Hotel impress?

Just to clarify....

Puter is correct, I am connecting at SFO both before and after Transborder and International flights. I do not have business in SanFrancisco during these visits.

The main purpose of my inquiry is...... though the stays are rather brief, I appreciate a comfortable accommodation.I have given the reviews a good going over ...but would appreciate any recommendations from the SFO experts.