We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,807 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

I'm sure you regulars probably know this, but the Hilton will soon no longer be a Hilton.

I found out in a roundabout way...since I'd been checking out FW stuff, an ad popped up on my screen for a "Pier 2620 Hotel"...I clicked, and eventually Google mapped the address (2620 Jones St.) to see a picture of the Hilton.

You can still book through the Hilton website (which only says the hotel is undergoing renovations, not that it is leaving the family). Rates are about the same whether you book through the Hilton site or the new Pier 2620 site. They will probably grandfather in any award stays (at least I would hope so), but not sure if you will be able to earn points once the change is made (I'd find that out if I wanted to stay there, which I don't - not going to pay $200+ in February for FW!). But thought someone might find this useful.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

I noticed that too WW. I wasn't sure if Hilton was just changing the name or if it had sold. Perhaps Wes Chandler (GM of the Chancellor and hotel guru on this forum) will know what's up? Maybe Hilton sold it but will continue to manage?

I do think it was due for a renovation.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,492 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

Won't weigh in on the odds of the ultimate outcome (okay, I'll bet it won't be an Hilton).

But, will point out (in my opinion/experience) this means it's likely to show up more often on Hotwire/Priceline during the renovation period.

Not saying that's a bad thing as I've done well in at least one case with a hotel having major renovations when "blind bidding."

Basically wanting those that might use blind sites to be aware of this fact (it could be a good think, has been for me in the past).

My $.02,

hlo

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

For anyone interested I just came across an article saying that the Fillmore Hospitality Group has taken over this property and it will now be rebranded _Pier 2620 Hotel.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

Thanks for that Oskar. I've never heard of "Fillmore Hospitality Group" -- I know I could google, but do you have any scoop on them?

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

No. I've never heard of them either.

Some sort of property management group.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

Here is the link to the Fillmore Hospitality Company, which is a Property Management Group.

http://fillmorehospitality.com/hotels

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

Thanks for the Google db.

8. Re: An FYI about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 05:16