We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz Night Tour and alcatraztrips.com

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
193 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Alcatraz Night Tour and alcatraztrips.com

Hey Guys

Just a question. We are coming to SF in November and we really want to go on the Alcatraz night tour. Unfortunately it appears that on the official site, the tours are all sold out for the days we want (either November 4, 5 or 6). I was wondering how legit the site www.alcatraztrips.com to purchase tickets from? I am aware that it will cost more through a reseller, but I don't really care as I am really keen to do the night tour. According to the site, they have spots available on the 4th. Just wanted to check before I purchase to make sure I wont get stung!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz Night Tour and alcatraztrips.com

Hi Rob,

Have you read the Top Question "ALCATRAZ: Which tour and how soon to get tickets? (Updated July 2013)"? If you're on a PC the TQs are on the right hand side of the page. This may have the information you're looking for, I haven't personally heard of the company you mention.

If you can't get night tour tickets try and get tickets for the first tour of the day before it gets too busy.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,481 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz Night Tour and alcatraztrips.com

I did find this old review for the company you are asking about. I have never heard anything more about them.

A reasonably common complaint with some resellers is that they take your booking and at the last moment advise you it is now unavailable and offer you something else as an alternative.

On your dates the night tour only operates on the 4th.

You could play it safe and book a day tour with alcatrazcruises.com.

“Alcatraztrips.com”

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 September 2012

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!! I booked a night tour of Alcatraz 6 weeks ago and they sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that we can't go now and all the other tours are now sold out!! IT said on the website when I booked that there was availability!!! Try calling and all you get is an answering machine!!!

Visited September 2012

3. Re: Alcatraz Night Tour and alcatraztrips.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:18