We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top of the mark

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
top of the mark

We will be staying in sf in november.have read a bit about this place for an evening out.is it expensive to eat out here? We dont mind treating ourselves but im just trying to sort out where to enjoy a few nights out with a special feel good ambience.any other good ideas appreciated thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: top of the mark

I wouldn't recommend the Top of the Mark has a dining spot. Drinks, and perhaps an appetizer, watch the sun set. Then dine elsewhere. Venticello is nearby (Washington and Taylor) and is quite good.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: top of the mark

I was looking at doing a similar thing, having a really special night - nice food and atmosphere etc.

I looked at Top of the Mark and the views etc look amazing but I was a little disappointed with the look of the menu.

My plan is to go to Gary Danko for some food and then go to Top Of The Mark for some drinks.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: top of the mark

I agree that TOTM is a nice cocktail spot but not a dinner spot.

Now Gary Danko is an experience and one should enjoy their dinner and I don't know about you but after that I am full and ready to crawl into bed

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,422 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: top of the mark

Pre-dinner drinks at The Top of the Mark, eat elsewhere.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: top of the mark

Dinner at Gary Danko and Top of the Mark for drinks (or vice versa) is a perfect evening. We did that for our 40th anniversary -- doesn't get much better than that!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,032 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: top of the mark

Top of the Mark first...drinks only. Time it to get there before sunset and then go and eat somewhere else. Gary Danko is stunning.

gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: top of the mark

Thanks to all replys, gary dankos then drinks at TOTM.dont think I will get a bottle of Newcastle brown ale though!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: top of the mark

Gary Danko's accepts reservations 2 months in advance. Call as soon as your window opens up. It books up quickly.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,457 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: top of the mark

As guests of the Mark Hopkins, we enjoyed breakfast there each morning. The dining room is open to the public, beautiful views of the bay, less crowds, you could walk around to each side and snap photos out the windows.

10. Re: top of the mark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 06:19