We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

We had planned to visit the Tea Garden - is it closed? There's nothing indicating this on their website.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
875 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

If you're thinking it might be closed due to the federal government shutdown, that would have no bearing as Golden Gate Park is not a federal property. So I guess it would be open unless their website states otherwise.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

This could be confusing to visitors since the Golden Gate National Recreation Area is federal government managed under the national parks service and so many services there are shut down (things such as the warming hut, fort point, historic vessels at Hyde Street pier).

Golden Gate Park is a city park for the city and county of San Francisco so the park and services there should be available as usual. Things located in Golden Gate Park include the tea garden, botanical garden, de Young Museum, California academy of sciences, conservatory of flowers, rose garden, Stowe lake and many other areas.

If in doubt, check the web site for the attraction you're interested in. The federally funded ones all have messages indicating they are closed down because funding appropriations have not been made.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

I highly recommend getting to the Tea Garden before 10AM when it's free. Because I don't think it's worth the admission price. http://www.japaneseteagardensf.com/index.php

I would much rather send people over to wander around Stow Lake, over to its island and up the hill. Rent a peddle boat perhaps. And always lots of ducks and turtles around. This spring there were lots of little goslings about too.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
875 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

Haven't been there in 10 years, but it was a nice quiet respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. If you can make it in for free, so much the better.

5. Re: Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:20