We are very excited to be leaving next Tuesday for SF!! Of course, we want to ride your famed cable cars, and I have read the Powell Hyde line is more scenic. If we want to take a ride from the Warf area, what should we do to ensure the least amount of waiting?
1. What time do the cars run? We are from NY, and will likely be up early with the time difference.
2. Where can we get on the car?
3. What is the cost?
4. How does on one pay? ( Possibly a silly question, but in NYC you need a metro card)
5. At the end of the line of Powell Hyde must we get off? Will we endure a long wait to turn around? Is there a better option? (Get off one stop early?)
6. On the way back can we get off at Lombard Street and walk back to the Warf?
7. How long will all of this take? We have an alcatraz tour booked for 1:45, and need to be there an hour early.
We have only a day and a half in SF, and I really want to make the most of it.
Thanks for any suggestions you may provide!