We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bourbon & Branch

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bourbon & Branch

We have dinner reservations at 7:15pm at Farallon, will we have enough time for a drink at Bourbon and Branch beforehand if we arrive when they open at 6pm? It looks like Farallon is only a 10 minute walk, but I read that it takes awhile to get drinks at B&B. Thanks for any and all input!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bourbon & Branch

I think if you're there when they open, it won't be a problem. That said, I've never been to B & B (much less when they open). so that thought is not based on 1st hand experience (another it's on my list next trip reference).

Plus, I would think if you're a few minutes late to Farralon they'll handle it well. (Have been there, but it was many years ago.)

That's my $.02,

hlo

Edited: 24 October 2013, 00:05
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,410 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bourbon & Branch

You are going to make a Rez at B&B right ? Please do. Farallon meh can wait Frankly I would wait and have a couple of drinks there and then saunter over. They mix drinks very carefully so it all depends on the number of orders placed now at 6 it may take a bit longer

Farallon cannot get you in if you show up late ? Well their loss not yours plenty do better seafood places in SF ( desserts are great ) Please this is my opinion so do read up reviews on yelp and opentable and urbanspoon - restaurants and tastes are so personal

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
947 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bourbon & Branch

Why not go to B&B after dinner?

Otherwise, be sure to get reservations at B&B (you get a special password and get to sit in a booth) and tell the server that you are on a schedule. I think they will accommodate you.

Just drink quickly and you should be OK.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bourbon & Branch

Thanks for all of the feedback! Do we need a reservation for drinks in the library? I did see the password on B&B website.

Belomiser, what is it about Farallon that you do not like? I keep reading mixed reviews, either people love it or hate it.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bourbon & Branch

I think the "hate" part of the love/hate with Farallon is not so much that they don't like it and think it's bad per se, but rather they don't think it lives up to the hype, price, etc; in other words that there are better options and it's not as good as its "reputation."

But, that's just my gut feeling, I suppose there are some who truly don't think it's good.

hlo

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,439 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bourbon & Branch

I am one who will not go back. The "creative" decor is what people go for, I think, rather than the food. Don't hate it, just think there are so many great places in the city that it is not worth my time.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,594 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bourbon & Branch

Yes, the "books" password gets you into the Bourbon & Branch room called the library (standing-room only); a reservation gets you into the main room with booths and less crowding.

I like Farallon (and not for the decor)... the food is "fussy" by some standards, but I like that it's more creative than a filet on a plate with some veg. (Although I have to say that on one of my visits when it first opened, I was served a lobster tail that was translucent, and when I said it wasn't cooked through, was told "That's how the chef does it.")

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bourbon & Branch

Color me as one who wouldn't bother with a second visit to Farallon. Fish is something that does not stand up well to overly fussy preparation.

This is one place that IMO is living on 1) rep and b) 'ristas.

9. Re: Bourbon & Branch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:19