We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tail Gatling without a car

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Tail Gatling without a car

Hi all we coming over from nz and have tickets for the raiders on third November we very keen to experience the tail gate can this happen without a car?

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,523 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

You could try wangling an invitation to join someone else... just wander around the parking lot looking all wistful and flinging around a Kiwi accent!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

Raiders play in Oakland not in Sf so perhaps the Oakland or East bay locals may have more ideas. I personally have not been to a game there

Perhaps this site can help you u-tailgate.com/official-tailgating-guide/nfl…

Edited: 24 October 2013, 08:55
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

The Niners offer a tailgate of sorts for those without cars (and charge a pretty good price for it to) but I couldn't find anything similar for the Raiders.

If you do find someone who can share food and hospitality, it would be proper to chip in handsomely.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

if you bring a bag of more hot dogs, hamburgers and/or hot links than you can possibly eat, someone will welcome you to their grill.

sf
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

Raiders fans are a bit extreme, and the game is against the Eagles so don't wear Green colored clothes to the game.

Don't drive -take BART to the game if they're not on strike again. (Coliseum station).

Edited: 24 October 2013, 18:23
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

Hi thanks everyone for your replies. Definitely no green sfnativ - we have raiders shirts :-) So i guess we turn up with food and drinks and hope someone takes pity on us :-) Very excited!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

I would imagine that cute kiwis would have no problem at all wrangling an invite. Chuck.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

Have you considered renting a car the night before?

Here's a link, a DF, for Raider fans. Maybe post a request for an invite. http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/forum.php

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,710 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

Hmm. I have seen a lot of these "I want to go to a tailgate party", especially from OZ. I always thought that tailgate parties were things that fans and their friends put on together, as private parties.

Do people really wander around the lots with hot dogs and hamburgers to contribute, expecting an invitation to join the private party? (Even with a charming "Kiwi" accent?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tail Gatling without a car

If the people are friendly it happens all the time. Free hamburgers and beer is usually a good incentive. If some aren't willing to share their grill move on to next one in a row of thousands.