We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
56 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

Hi,

I'm researching the best place to leave my car for about ten days while I take a trip from SFO. I won't be staying in the area, so the hotels with free parking won't be much help - but does anyone know of a hotel that allows non-guests to park there (for a fee, of course?)

Any other advice?

I have looked through the forums but haven't seen this question yet - sorry if it's a repeat.

I'm looking at Park SFO, but it seems a little pricey over a 10 day period.. wondering if I can do better than that?

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

They all have almost the same rates. The only difference is the location. I'm usually coming to SFO from south, so I use Anza Parking. Keep in mind that parking during Christmas you have to make an advance reservation for parking.

Millbrae or San Bruno BART Airport/Long Term Permit Parking is cheaper around $6, but I believe they do not have security.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

With regards to the BART long term parking, we have heard of break-ins at BART stations, although I don't believe at Millbrae or San Bruno. I'd still be hesitant -- even though it is a good deal.

I use SkyPark and if you belong to their "frequent parker" they don't require a reservation.

There is also Long Term Parking at SFO but at Christmas it might be difficult to find a spot.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
10,395 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

I've done long-term parking at BART stations for multi-day trips a bunch of times now, and have never had a problem.

Edited: 31 October 2013, 23:58
Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,394 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

We use Park SFO and have always been happy with them. They offer discount coupons that help defray the cost.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

I used SkyPark the last few times and didn't have any issues.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

I've used Millbrae BART many times, left the door unlocked once, nothing happened. $6 per day

Edited: 01 November 2013, 03:28
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
262 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

I use SkyPark and have been very happy with their service.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

SkyPark offers a discount if you're a member of AAA; details are listed somewhere on the Calif. AAA website.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
56 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

Thanks, everyone!

Unfortunately, Xmas is one of those pesky times that the discount coupons don't work. But this is all great info. Thank you

~Rose

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
56 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Longterm parking at SFO this Christmas

I just wanted to update here in case anyone else has the same question and pops in later..

We decided, in the end, to spend one more day making the trip to SF (We're driving down from Portland). We were going to split the drive into two days, stopping on the southern oregon coast on the way, but that would mean we'd have to leave at around 5 am the next morning, in order to make the rest of the drive in time to park the car and get through security etc and it felt like it would be a stressful day - what if we get caught in traffic?. So we've decided to leave a day earlier and stay at a hotel near SFO that offers ten days free indoor valet parking with the room. It's not really very much more expensive than parking the car and paying for it for ten days, so it seems like a pretty good deal - and a much more relaxing start to our trip. This way we can even take BART into the city for part of the day of our flight, and wander about the Embercadero or something. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the nearest BART station.

Incidentally, several hotels at SFO offer a 'stay, park and fly' package. We picked the Hyatt Regency SFO - good rates and it gets pretty good reviews on here. Thanks, Tripadvisor!