We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental in help

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rental in help

Hi,

I'm travelling to San Francisco with my family next year and am looking for rentals that have kitchen facilities. There will be 5 adults travelling, 2 couples and a single. Budget is $300-400 a night max.

We think that somewhere near Fisherman's Wharf would be good and have found a property on airbnb that would suit. Only thing is that I can't seem to find it on any other rental sites and I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or not. It's room 474181.

Does anyone have any information about this property, and also any other tips when looking for vacation rentals online?

Your help is much appreciated.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,650 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental in help

Is this the one you mean?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/474181

It has lots of reviews .

I would not expect to find it on other rental sites if you found it on Air Bn B.

In general , a property with a lot of good reviews is OK.

I don't know that specific one but my son and his g-friend have had very good experiences in San Francisco using Air B n B.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental in help

Have a look at the top questions on the right and there is a list of neighborhoods to find vacation rentals in. It would best to post the the link here so they members can click on it to go to that page just like Riff M did

The exact addy is not available but the area is fine and very close to Fishermans wharf . If you want to be in the thick of the tourist area, this would be the place. If you want to stay in other neighborhoods with fewer tourist attractions, there are other neighborhoods

Having said that you are close to the Marina and Cow hollow areas as well as. North beach so it is quite a central neighborhood

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental in help

Based on the building next door I know exactly where this is. It's on North Point one building east of Larkin. Across Larkin is Ghirardelli Square.

If you want to be that close to Fisherman's Wharf the area is fine and the flat looks nice. There is a Safeway grocery store a few blocks away on Bay about Powell. A Trader Joe's on Bay Street as well.

The area wouldn't be my choice because it's uber touristy.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental in help

Thanks for your response.

Yes, Riff M, that is the one. I like the fact that the reviews on AirBnB are verified so it's a good sign!

We like the idea of being in the tourist areas as it's the first time here for most of us, but is there many restaurants in this area if we decide to go out at night? From what I've read on the forums about the Fishermans Wharf area, it can get pretty quiet at night.

Other areas I'm considering are near Union Square, and it appears there's not much in the way of apartment rentals in this direct area, but hotels instead. I'll keep looking and post some more locations for help as I find more.

Thanks again

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation rental in help

Union square does not have many rentals but the one you have chosen is fine in terms of the actual area.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation rental in help

<<but is there many restaurants in this area if we decide to go out at night? >>

There are restaurants in the Fisherman's Wharf area -- they don't stay open late but they are open for dinner. Again, they cater to tourists and as a result the food is not known for quality but prices are high.

North Beach has better dining options and isn't far away. In fact, the 30-Stockton bus stops right outside this building and will get you to North Beach in about 5 minutes. If you take it in the other direction you'll be in the Marina, also in about 5 minutes, with many other local restaurants. Both of these have restaurants where people who live here eat.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 15:58
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation rental in help

Thanks for your help. Looks like this area would suit us then being near the tourist area but close to other local areas.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation rental in help

It looks lovely. If *I* were you, I would take it.

But listen to White Dahlia about restaurants. You do NOT want to eat overpriced underwhelming food in an over-the-top tourist trap.

She has told you how to get, easily, to North Beach and to the Marina, both of which have very good restaurants and, as WD said, actual SF residents eat in them, unlike Fisherman's Wharf..

You might ask for recommendations of restaurants in these areas. There are many excellent ones.

Have a great visit to San Francisco.

9. Re: Vacation rental in help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:17