We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Topic
Thank you...

To everyone on this site who helped me plan my trip to SF. I have been here less than 12 hours and I am already in love with your city. The only negative is that I wish I booked longer to stay! 4 full days will be enough to do tourist things but I want to just enjoy this wonderful city without a schedule...I guess it's a good excuse to start planning a return trip when I get home! Trip report will follow next week. Thank you again to all of the locals on this forum.

Ps. Every single person I have spoke to since arriving has been so welcoming and friendly, great vibes!!

Dylan's Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours
Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you...

Hello dani s, and welcome to the United States!. . . and the San Francisco forum.

I'm not one of the folks who advised you before your trip here, but I know plenty of them who probably did. Here at TripAdvisor, we are tickled to provide the information you need before you go before you need it so you get the maximum enjoyment during your trip.

Now that you are here in San Francisco, we'd like you to feel free to experience TripAdvisor (TA) hospitality from our forum members. Anytime you have a question or need a quick comment from us during your stay, please feel free to post here like you did before. I see you're getting the hang of it, pulling your California forum post and putting it here. Yes, your comment is SF specific. . . good call. You're doing great!

Even I know more than a bit about the City by the Bay, though I'm listed as knowledgeable on the desert areas. I've conducted more San Francisco city tours than I can count, and have had quite a bit of fun doing them with my international tourists on extended tours here. You'll find that SF is a very tourist friendly city indeed.

So again, welcome, and please feel free to contact the forum members here anytime. We're glad to make your trip all it can be. Feel free to post again as needed!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you...

Have fun, dani :-)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,252 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you...

Tá fáilte romhat. dani

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,366 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you...

Have a wonderful time! So glad it all worked out and then some. I was rooting for you. See? That cancellation was indeed a blessings in disguise. :)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you...

So glad everything worked out! Have a great time. Look forward to your trip report!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you...

you're here already?! and already reporting back?!?! glad you love it. only 4 days!! next time stay longer. :)

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,718 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you...

From one Dubliner to another, welcome and have a nice stay. The weather is great isn't it?

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
18,109 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thank you...

Glad you're having a good time! And I hope folks planning their own trips take your remarks about how long to spend in the city to heart!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thank you...

For most of us here just getting a "Thank You" is what it's all about. Glad you are having a great time and can't wait for your trip report!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thank you...

Thanks everyone for the replies. Today was my first full day, had a great time. Did everything I planned except GG park/academy of sciences. The only negative thing is crossing the streets!! Some have the light to tell you to cross and others don't have anything, which is awkward because sometimes if I stand there the driver will stop and tell me to go across, and sometimes if I go across they don't slow down!! I wish every road had the lights.

Ps. Made a quick trip downtown this morning and boy am I glad I didn't stay down there! I realise it works for some people but for me..SO much better to stay in a neighborhood and live like the locals!!