We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

D.C.
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

Hello fellow members,

I am looking for an event/show to attend for New Year's Eve 2014 in San Francisco. Are there any events which have a nice dinner and a show? Besides the fireworks show.

People going:

Husband and Wife (mid-twenties)

Mother-in-Law

Brother-in-Law (Under 21).

Thank You.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,384 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

It's a little early to plan for NYE 2014. How about waiting till at least after Thanksgiving, 2014 to see what's being planned?

D.C.
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

I meant New Year's Eve 2013 going into 2014. I should have been more clear and written it differently.

D.C.
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

I meant New Year's Eve 2013 going into 2014.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

You can check www.sfstation.com and wwwsfweekly.com but depending on the type of show you're looking for you may have difficulty finding something for an under 21. Some of the hotels will combine dinner and some entertainment but they're pricey and IMO not worth the price.

www.opentable.com for dining options for NYE. But I would recommend trying to find a neighborhood spot that's open. The larger dining venues are generally rather expensive for NYE. Where are you staying?

D.C.
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

Either The Fairmont or InterContinental. So a nice/fancy dinner is fine, but possibly with a show/program also if that is available?

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
17,712 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

There is a masquerade ball at the SF Symphony's Davies Hall, the Pete Escovedo Jazz Orchestra is playing at the SFJazz Center, and Michael Feinstein is playing at Feinstein's at the Nikko. I doubt any of these would interest the under-21-year-old.

Most things that the under-21 would be interested in would probably not interest mother-in-law. Maybe this: John Oliver from The Daily Show is at Cobb's Comedy Club (this is probably 18+).

Most NYE shows/programs are based around drinking and dancing, and hence for 21+ only, but there are some that are 18+ -- this list shows age requirements (I see 3 for 18+): metrowize.com/…monday

Edited: 17 December 2013, 04:42
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,633 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

Perhaps a nice dinner at one of the restaurants listed in opentable and then if you feel like it go towards the Embarcadero to see the fireworks ( if MIL is ok with crowds)

8. Re: San Francisco New Year's Eve 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:19