We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on travel time to SFO early on a Monday Morning

Canberra, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Advice on travel time to SFO early on a Monday Morning

Hi , my wife and I will be flying domestically out of SFO on Monday the 30th of December.

I have booked a shared shuttle service from our hotel in the financial district picking us up around 5:50am for a 8:30am flight.

My questions-

Am I leaving enough time to get there?

How busy is SFO on a Monday morning? and

Will the 30thof December be different to a normal Monday?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,356 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on travel time to SFO early on a Monday Morning

Is that the timing the shared shuttle gave you for pickup? If they take you directly to the airport at that time it won't be more than 20 minutes but if they are doing a few rounds and picking up other people, I cannot answer that . Bottom line if you are checking in luggage during the holidays 2 hours is plenty of time so 6.30 would be fine if you get there then.

Mondays are busy during a normal week for business travelers - especially that early. But given the holidays, they will be replaced by holiday travelers who may travel then.

Normally 90 mins is fine but 2 hours with checked bags during the holidays would be better. Make sure you check in online and just need to drop bags off

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on travel time to SFO early on a Monday Morning

Leaving at 5:50 AM for an 8:30 flight should be fine. Traffic is pretty light between Christmas and New Years.

I'm not sure how busy SFO will be that Monday. My guess is it won't be that busy, since there won't be much business travel, and people won't be returning from their holiday yet.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,176 posts
1,818 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on travel time to SFO early on a Monday Morning

The key is if your shuttle bus is going to stop at other hotels. I did an early morning departure a few years ago and the driver zipped through SF traffic but there were no other hotel stops.

4. Re: Advice on travel time to SFO early on a Monday Morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:18