We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for an afordable hotel near the wharf

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bakersfield
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for an afordable hotel near the wharf

We are planning a trip to San Franciso in the next two weeks, and we are looking for a clean affordable hotel near the wharf. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

US
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for an afordable hotel near the wharf

what is"affordable" to you? We stayed at the hilton FW and it was around $150 a night--very nice hotel. There is also a holiday inn express FW--which i think includes breakfast--which also looked very nice. Raddison FW is the closest hotel to water, but we did not like it all that well--did have specials which included breakfast, has an outdoor pool--check their website directly and see if they are still going on. I don't know much about the Rad. except that it used to be some other brand of hotel and it shows!! its not what i expect from Rad.

Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
291 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for an afordable hotel near the wharf

The Radisson on the Wharf is not bad. It's the only hotel right there on Wharf--it used to be a travelodge i think. The only thing is that is the walls are paper thin so ask for a room away from the street. I stayed there just last week and for the price ($70/nt, purchased on that website where you buy the hotel based on the price without knowing the name of it, until after you purchase). For that price it might still be on the site, listed as a 3 star and "oceanfront". The cable choices were limited, but you don't want to stay in the room anywhere--get out and the explore the city. Also the Rad has very easy access to the public transportation.

Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for an afordable hotel near the wharf

Try Buena Vista Motor Inn

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for an afordable hotel near the wharf

Also recommend the Holiday Inn Express at Fisherman's Wharf. As others said, it depends on what you consider affordable. The HI Express has a VERY nice free continental breakfast every day. It saves a lot of money especially if traveling with kids. Rates start around $130 and go up. However the rates depend on the type of room you want (how many beds and size of bed(s). We rented a mini suite that had a refrigerator and microwave. The Safeway is just a few blocks away and we would purchase food there and eat in our room. The hotel is relatively new and very clean. I would definitely recommend it. We liked it so well we are returning this year. I scoured rates in the Fisherman's Wharf area and the best deals I found were at this hotel, particularly when you consider how much the free breakfast will save you. Also the parking cost was $28 per night, but this is cheaper than many of the other hotels in town.