We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
119 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

I have a lead on a second apartment rental. (I just posted below on a different one which is promising). This one is a 2 BR flat on Green Street (near Kearney) in Telegraph Hill near North Beach. It was a washer and dryer, might sleep the family a little more comfortable, but costs $450 more for a week. (Other location is between Union Street and Filbert Street off Grant Ave). Any thoughts on this location/apartment would be appreciated, esp; compared to the other. Thanks.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

These are great week to week locations. You really can't go wrong with either unless the toilet is located in the kitchen. Seriously, you are getting good finds.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
119 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

Thanks, ugyved. I should just book it and be done with it!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

Grab one and be happy knowing you are going to have a great vacation. These are both super locations, and they will be gone soon. Please come back and let us know how it works out.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,832 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

Telegraph hill and North Beach have a buzz around them more so in the north beach area but as the name suggests that area is hilly so as long as that is ok and you have done a google street view to see the hills around the area, then you will be ok with most addresses in those neighborhoods. Easy access to shops and restaurants in north beach! a cable car route on Columbus avenue , relatively short walk to Fishermans wharf and union square via Chinatown or MUNI buses to go to all these locations as well

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
119 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

Thanks, Belomiser. Once I get my location settled, I need to focus on what to see and how to get there. The public transportation sounds plentiful, but confusing. It may take some time to get it figured out.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

There is a Top Question on how to get to sights using either Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf as a starting point. Read through those while looking at a map of SF and it will help get your bearings.

Additionally, many of the popular sights are located within the pie shaped wedge bounded by Market, Van Ness and the Bay. Much of this area is largely walkable or, if transit is necessary, via just a few bus lines.

Methven, New Zealand
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

I would be interested in how you get on also, we would love to get an apartment, but have heard they are illegal in SF?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

sailkirch, they are not illegal in SF. There is some political wrangling in regards to them -- mostly with paying the Transit Occupancy Tax.

There is a Top Question on Vacation Rentals that lists out the recommended neighborhoods. www.vrbo.com and www.airbnb.com are good place to start shopping for one.

Methven, New Zealand
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

thanks for that - how does this one look to you guys for location in early June

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g60713-…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More apartment rental location info needed- Telegraph Hill

sailkirch ... it would be better to start your own thread; this one belongs to mamathoma.

While we usually advise to get the exact address the map indicates that this is on Leavenworth St. Good location between Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach.