We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with transportation to game

Alberta
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help with transportation to game

We are planning on going to Giants ballgame in July, what I am wondering is how do I get to the game and back, which is easier, taking the Muni/bus or getting a cab to and fro, we will be staying at the Marriott Marquis. I have looked at the Muni System Map, but cannot figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with transportation to game

Somebody from San Francisco will be here to help you. Easy peasy. Enjoy.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with transportation to game

It is easy. You can either walk to the ballpark, which is on the Embarcadero, or you can take Streetcar on Market St at Powell St or Montgomery St Muni station (underground, first level entry) there.

Use this trip planner for all Muni travel.

sfmta.com/getting-around/transit/schedules-t…

BE SURE to buy a round trip ticket from the station where you get on. Or, walk back to the hotel; there will be many people walking back to Market St at the end of the game.

P.S. Dress warmly for the game. It can be windy and/or foggy then. It's Summer in SF!

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with transportation to game

You can catch N lightrail from the Powell station on Market Street. Go towards Caltrains via downtown.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with transportation to game

This is not worth having angst over. It's only a mile. Given how crowded transit is on game days, it'll take less time to walk. Make a few new friends along the way. No way will you find a cab ... especially on the way back.

But if you must:

From the Marriot Marquis:

1) Walk to 5th Street at Stevenson Alley (just south of Market)and get the 30-Stockton or 45-Union/Van Ness to 4th and Townsend.

2) Go underground at Montgomery Metro Station and get the K/T or N to 2nd and King which is right in front of the ballbart.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,661 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with transportation to game

I'd just walk down 3rd Street. About 20-25 minutes each way.

Alberta
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with transportation to game

Thanks everyone for your help..this is why I love tripadvisor..:)

We will be walking to the game and walking back.

7. Re: Help with transportation to game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:18