We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

onCruises Speak Easy NYE a rip off

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
onCruises Speak Easy NYE a rip off

Ticket said to arrive at 7:30 for a 9 p.m. departure. We got there at 8 and were given our tickets and told to get in line. At 8:40 we were told to move to the other, longer line with several other couples. So now we are at the end of a very long line. At 9 we finally got on the boat which was packed and found everyone in line for the bar on each floor. Got drinks at 10:05 after waiting for over an hour. Tried to find the food table and after being told by every staff member it was not their responsibility (interesting that they all had the same response), found one tray of cheese wontons. At 11:25 saw the line only had 50 people in it and got drinks at 11:59.

San Francisco did a great job on the fireworks.

I would write a review but oncruises aren't listed for San Francisco. They do have a listing in NYC and if I had read those reviews I would have know better.

Here is the jist of the service we got:

3 bars with one bartender each for 900 guests.

1 food table with 1-2 trays of food at a time.

An its not our problem we have your money attitude.

So if you want to spend your nye in line book this cruise.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,310 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: onCruises Speak Easy NYE a rip off

So sorry to hear about that. I saw many boats and yatchs out there and wondered if folks were having a good time. I was in NYC for July 4th and looked into a cruise fir fireworks. Decided against ut due to reviews about folks waiting a lot and feeling trapped.

I hope the rest of your visit was/will be better. The weather was perfect for fireworks though.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: onCruises Speak Easy NYE a rip off

Too bad you didn't check in with us before. I think most of us would have advised against it. It sounds like a great idea but too often it doesn't turn out that way.

3. Re: onCruises Speak Easy NYE a rip off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 05:19