We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
192 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

The San Fran fleece jkts are sold all over town. Does anyone know how I could purchase one of these since I am out of town? I have tried looking up a few stores online and calling them, but no one returns my calls.

Approx 5 yrs ago my husband and I bought matching fleece jkts during our visit. The jkts have since been on every trip we take. They are perfect, don't take up much space, wash well (surprisingly!), etc... Due to a kayak "accident" over Xmas my husband's jacket is now floating down a river. :( I would desperately like to replace it for him, but have no plans to return to SF.

Any suggestions????

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,161 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

eBay seems to have a good selection.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
192 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

What do you look them up under? I tried this and did not find what I was looking for. ???

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,700 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

Can you describe what you are looking for? They're so many varieties. Most of these are mass produced for various tourist spots and just change the name of the location. I have seen the same thing for SF, Yellowstone, and Alaska.

Can you find a picture and show us online? If it's not too rare, I will even volunteer and pick one up and mail it to you. Seriously.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

show us yours!

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,161 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

I looked under "fleece jackets, San Francisco". You'll get lots of Giants and Forty Niners jackets. But you may see what you are looking for.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

We had some of those too so I know exactly what you're talking about. We gave them away a couple of years ago to a non-profit looking for winter coats (even though polar fleece didn't exactly meet the criteria).

Chinita's offer sounds pretty good. Maybe you could share a picture and the color your hubby wants, in case anyone is wandering around FW soon. We bought ours in Tiburon a few years ago. Since we don't go to tourist places in SF, we didn't even know that they were everywhere. It was kinda funny when we wore them and saw others in them and they all said they bought them at FW. And here we thought we had something unique! haha.

They are very comfortable though ---- even serve as a pillow on an airplane!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
192 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

How do I post a picture? I have the perfect photo, but can't figure out how to put it in this forum. ???

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,161 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

Put your photo up on some photo website (Flickr, photobucket, instagram, etc.), and post a link here.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,700 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

And don't use your real name if you want to stay anonymous. But whoever mails it to you will have to know your secret identity. : )

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fleece jkts sold at Fisherman's Wharf

I think the best solution is that you become 49er fans and just buy a pair of San Francisco 49er fleeces on Amazon...they are easy to find.

;-D

Edited: 13 January 2014, 03:51