We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oakland airport

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
oakland airport

Can anyone tell me the cost of a taxi from Oakland airport to san Francisco. Thank you.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,517 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oakland airport

Around $50 or so, depending on where you are going in San Francisco.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oakland airport

Thank you for your quick response we are staying in fisherman's wharf area.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oakland airport

Hmmmmm, I think a cab from OAK will be a lot more than $50. That's more like what it is from SFO which is quite a bit closer. AND you can have a lot of traffic buildup heading over the Bridge depending on time of day. I've never taken a cab from OAK to SF but from what I've seen and read, it's more like $75 minimum and getting to Fisherman's Wharf will be more.

You're much better off taking BART or a shuttle.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,270 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oakland airport

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=SF&from=Metropolitan+Oakland+International+Airport+(OAK)&to=Fisherman's+Wharf

They show 84 with a 20 percent tip which is at the higher end of the tip scale plus tolls. Plus this assume normal traffic

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,226 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oakland airport

A cab could be as high as $100 from OAK to Fisherman's Wharf? How much luggage will you have?

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oakland airport

So instead of taxi, consider taking BART. First you get the AirBART bus to the BART station from the airport sidewalk (see "AirBART" sign for loading area)

($3 each), and take the Richmond-bound BART train to 12th St, transfer across the platform to the San Francisco train and disembark after the tunnel ride at Embarcadero Station.

Get up to street level, find the Hyatt Regency Hotel a few steps from the Davies St exit, and take a taxi to Fisherman's Wharf from there (a few minutes' drive).

See bart.gov for their maps, fares, schedules.

I would do this if I didn't have too many traveling companions. If you had 4 or 5, consider the taxi in a minivan (MPV) configuration.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,270 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oakland airport

Scott - that 100 is the corona del mar special hehe.

I meant to say in my PP that it assumes not assume Normal traffic and very rarely is it normal traffic so the 100 is a good assumption

Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oakland airport

Thank you all for your help much appreciated

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: oakland airport

There is no need to transfer BART trains from OAK to Embarcadero. There are two lines which make the trip directly. Board a Daly City train (NOT a Richmond train) and exit at Embarcadero.

Eugene, Oregon
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: oakland airport

Hi, I am looking for help with a similar situation. We have a 9am flight on Sunday morning out of Oakland and are staying the night prior in the Mission (on balance it would have been better to book Saturday night in Oakland. oh well.) No BART before 8am Sunday. Seems like the only options are Super Shuttle boarding at 6 am or a taxi just after 7am. How much will a taxi be? Assuming we wont hit traffic at that early on a Sunday...

Edited: 21 January 2014, 06:19