We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishermans wharf

Wanganui
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
fishermans wharf

yeasr ago we visited this area and there was an enormous bottle store that sold the largest array of alcohol I have ever seen When we visited last year it was gone I think it was probably near the cannery bar. Has it relocated or just gone?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,458 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishermans wharf

There is a winery collective there but it is more about wine tasting than all sort of spirits.

http://www.winerycollective.com/

Perhaps our Fishermans wharf expert may chime in

Edited: 17 January 2014, 04:30
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishermans wharf

You say "years ago." Pretty sure your talking decades? If you can give some kind of estimate as to when you're talking about it might help. Or, at least let some of us know whether we might (or might not) be able to dredge up a memory of the place your thinking of.

Similarly, are you strictly trying to find out about this specific store or are you also interested in alternatives?

Don't think I know about it, but willing to spend some time thinking if I might,

hlo

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,485 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishermans wharf

I can't remember any large liquor store.

Ditto what HLO said_____alternatives ?

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fishermans wharf

I recall a large wine place that was next to Cost Plus years ago, I don't know if it is still there.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,676 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishermans wharf

I think that might have been the Cellar at the Cannery, which was described in 2002 as "focuses on small-production, high-end California wines, as well as a selection of more than 700 single malt Scotch whiskys", but which closed in 2005.

6. Re: fishermans wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:19