We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

Grand Prairie, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

So i'm in the early stages of planning a summer trip out to Northern california with my girlfriend and hoping to see all these places. We were planning to go sometime late june to mid july. Thinking about staying at Yosemite lodge but they are currently book, planning to call daily until i get an opening on the dates i want.

I plan to fly into SFO, get a rental and head straight to yosemite stay there for 3 days, 2 nights. From yosemite drive out to sequioa and stay a night around that area, and then spend the remainder of the time in SF, redwoods, muir woods, Napa etc. Does this seem like a reasonable plan? I'd like to spend most of my time in yosemite and SF, sequioa would be a bonus. Just trying to get as many national parks under my belt as possible :)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,833 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

Hi Tuansocool, and welcome to TripAdvisor forums

This is the San Francisco forum and is the perfect place to learn more about this fabulous city. The Top Questions on the right side of the page (full TA website, not the mobile app) have loads of ideas for travelers.

To plan a multi-destination itinerary in the state of California, use the California state page: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor… The Top Questions on that page are all about planning a trip, going to different places, enjoying the coastal drive, and so on.

For information about Yosemite NP including lodging, the Yosemite forum and the Top Questions on the Yosemite page is the absolute best place to look.

I'll watch for your new threads on the Yosemite forum and on the CA state forum to offer my ideas. Then start a new thread on the San Francisco forum for assistance with that part of your trip.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

Between Seki and Sf you also will find Pinnacles NP. It's California's newest NP and it's a nice. We only went to its eastern side where the visitor center is.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

<<I plan to fly into SFO, get a rental and head straight to yosemite stay there for 3 days, 2 nights>>

Two nights equates to only one full day. It's a 4 hour drive from SF to Yosemite and if you have to get off a plane, get a rental car and get on your way I don't see you getting much time in Yosemite on your arrival date.

Just something to consider. I do encourage you to follow PNWF's excellent advice.

Grand Prairie, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

so what i should be doing is breaking up my posts into different places i will be? or can i just move this post to the general california forum? sorry just trying to clarify, thanks.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

Just copy and paste your original post to the general California forum. PNWF gave you the link, which I have copied and pasted from her message.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor…

When you get there, clink on "ask a question" on the page and paste your question there.

Do you know how to do the "copy and paste"? If not, we can guide you, or yo can just type it in again.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

Try this link for the California forum...the one in m message does not seem to be "live"

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor…

If it doesn't work just do a copy and paste.

Edited: 24 January 2014, 06:40
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,833 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

Puter ~ leave off the words after the last unique digit

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29

>>tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29<< will hyperlink.

>>tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-California.html<< will hyperlink. The latter part will be dropped from our view on the post, but TA makes the hyperlink

>>tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor…<< will not hyperlink because of the ending

--------------

Tuansocool ~ there isn't any way to move an existing thread. You have to start a new one. The California forum is best used to plan a multi-destination itinerary in the state. The city/destination forums are best for planning lodging, dining, and activities in that place.

Yosemite: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g61000-i315

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

Thanks, Pnwf

Grand Prairie, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

i moved the post to the general cali forum, thanks guys!

10. Re: 7-9 days San Francisco,Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, and Sequioa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:18