We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco to Las Vegas trip options

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
San Francisco to Las Vegas trip options

My friend and I are coming to San Francisco from NZ on 11/4/14 and have a few places we'd like to go to but need help please with the logistics. We have to be in Las Vegas on 23/4/14 and we fly back to NZ from San Francisco on 3/5/14. Other than that we'd like to visit Yosemite for a couple of days and fit in a few days skiing ( but not in Yosemite as have heard it's quite a small ski area and snow might not be good in April)- we were thinking somewhere in Lake Tahoe or Utah- we don't mind which, probably the one that works best from an ease of travel perspective. We also want to go to Grand Canyon and monument valley. We are flexible with transport options and don't mind hiring a car for all/ part of the route if it is going to be the easiest option, not ridiculously expensive and good scenery options. I read somewhere about some roads being closed in April or needing snow chains, which I've never used before so would not be keen on. We are also happy to use public transport, or include some flights- again as long as not hugely expensive. We're trying to work out the best route to avoid too much back-tracking and try and fit everything in but we realise that a bit of back-tracking is probably inevitable. Any suggestions on possible options for 2 rather clueless and totally disorganised girls would be most welcome! Many thanks in advance.

Coit Tower
Architectural Buildings, Monuments & Statues, Observation Decks & Towers, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The National Shrine of Saint Francis of Assisi
Sacred & Religious Sites, Monuments & Statues
Pioneer Monument
Monuments & Statues
The Wave Organ
Monuments & Statues
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco to Las Vegas trip options

Sorry, I've just been reading some more posts on this forum and have read that I should have posted mine on the road trip forum- which I will do.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,531 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco to Las Vegas trip options

We use MM/DD in the US so either use that format or write April 20th. May 5th etc

You can fly from SF to Vegas or drive from SF to Tahoe to YNP and then via the western route to LV and for the rest of you NON SF questions please use the road trips forum which is for planning interstate vacations. Lake Tahoe is the ski area but this year there has been very little snow so do look at Utah

Let us know if you have any SF questions after reading the top questions on the right

3. Re: San Francisco to Las Vegas trip options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:38