We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, San Francisco

Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, San Francisco

We are planning a trip with the main objectives of seeing Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, and San Francisco highlights. We have roughly 8-9 days. We are considering flying to Fresno. Someone mentioned driving to Avenue of the Giants, also, but is that time well spent? Thank you for your help.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, San Francisco

My opinion.

With your time frame, if you want to see San Francisco, Yosemite, redwoods and sequoias, I would not try Avenue of the Giants, which is at least a six hour drive up and back from San Francisco.

Yosemite has Sequoias. San Francisco has redwoods, in a park across the Bay Bridge (Muir Woods) and there is a wonderful State redwoods park at Big Basin south of the city (the first State Park in California.)

II would plan my trip to fly into San Francisco and do Yosemite, and etc. from there, leaving out Avenue of the Giants. You will need time to enjoy San Francisco, apart from the trees.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,423 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, San Francisco

Absolutely agree with Puter.

In a reasonably tight time frame I would concentrate on Yosemite, Muir Woods and San Francisco highlights and have quality time with those rather than rushed time with more.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, San Francisco

Ave/Giants is not time well spent with your schedule and time frame.

You'll be a bit rushed as it is.

Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, San Francisco

Thank you for your help! That is what I needed to know.

5. Re: Redwoods, Sequoias, Yosemite, San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:18