We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my 4 day trip

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
my 4 day trip

i have 3 nights in san Francisco,this is my plan! arrival hopefully at hotel 4pm,giants game 6pm,the next day,early start rent a bike and see most of the cities major sights including golden gate bridge,that evening tour of alcatraz,the next day shopping at westfields! then last night before departure,some fine dining! thoughts folks?

CocoaBella
Gift & Speciality Shops
Libreria Pino
Gift & Speciality Shops
Stonehouse Olive Oil
Gift & Speciality Shops
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,334 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my 4 day trip

you are doing most of the sites by bike on day 2 ? Well ok Please take time to read about safety routes, maps etc. here http://www.sfbike.org/?resources

Fine dining sure. www.opentable.com has a list of restaurants and they have lists such as most popular, best food etc and that should help you.

Level Contributor
37,667 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my 4 day trip

Boulevard is a nice fine dining venue! Have fun! :)

Mentioned in this post
Boulevard
Boulevard
1,667 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my 4 day trip

Other than the GG Bridge, what sights do you plan to see by bike?

I ask because downtown SF is pretty congested with cars, trucks, taxis and pedestrians and I wouldn't recommend cycling around that area for someone who's not familiar with it. Biking to work and around town has become very popular here but I wouldn't do it and unfortunately cycling accidents are becoming more and more frequent.

As far as "fine dining" -- what type of cuisine and what sort of budget?

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my 4 day trip

a bike tour is what i really want to do and capture most of the major sights,but bike tours seem quite expensive.i have my tickets for the giants game and alcaraz.as regards fine dining,i think a good steak house and not necessarily fine ding will do the job.any ideas? a day at westfields will be perfect my our shopping needs!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my 4 day trip

This is the only tour company I know that does bike tours of SF: http://www.sosfbiketours.com/ Someone visiting a couple of years ago took one of the tours and reported back very positively.

There are other options that go over the GG Bridge and into the Marin Headlands but they're probably every bit as expensive.

Otherwise, you can rent a bike for a day much cheaper. Dylan's has an excellent rate of $22/day. dylanstours.com/san-franisco-bike-rentals/

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my 4 day trip

For a steakhouse, I'd look at House of Prime Rib (though I suppose it is prime rib rather than traditional steak). It's a fun atmosphere and you'll be stuffed and also feel like you've been transported back many decades. It may not be gourmet but I've had fun when I've gone.

If you decide to go there, be sure to book reservations at least a few weeks in advance since they are busy and you'll need reservations unless perhaps you go at a very odd time.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: my 4 day trip

How about Brazilian for your steakhouse (and meat overload balanced with salad bar) experience? Espetus in the Hayes Valley.

8. Re: my 4 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 07:16