We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 Day Itinerary: Too much??

Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
15 Day Itinerary: Too much??

Hi Travelers!

My boyfriend and I are going to California this early August for 15 days. We are in our late twenties and early thirties, love food (yes, "foodies") and authentic city experiences (i.e., just walking around, walking in and out of shops, etc.) We don't LOVE spending a lot of time in "attractions" like museums, zoos, aquariums, etc. and are more interested in just experiencing the city itself wherever we are. We like a good mix of nature, definitely want to hike and kayak on this trip, but don't need to be inundated with it, i.e., no camping!

We really want to go to Yosemite but will settle for Sequoia or another park if you all feel it's too much of a stretch to drive to Yosemite from SF in the time we have. Also, my boyfriend REALLY wants to spend a day on Lake Tahoe. Does anyone think we can squeeze it in anywhere?

Initial itinerary:

Sat, 08/02: Fly to SF early am from FL, day in SF

08/03: SF

08/04: SF

08/05: Get car am and drive to Napa (about an hour drive)

08/06: 1/2 day Napa, then drive afternoon to Yosemite (4 hours)

08/07: Yosemite

08/08: Yosemite

08/09: early am to Monterey (3 hours)

- Should we stay in Monterey or Carmel?

08/10: Monterey

08/11: am drive to Cambria, taking our time along the PHC for all sights. Overnight in Cambria.

- Any suggestions for specific sights from Monterey to Cambria along PHC?

08/12: am drive to Santa Barbara or Ojai, taking our time along the PHC for all sights.

- NEED HELP here: Where should spend an over night? Can someone please

describe both SB and Ojai and where they think we should stay in light of the rest of our

itinerary? I.e., is Ojai very much like another place we are already going and therefore should

skip it and go to SB?

08/13: Ojai or SB

08/14: Ojai or SB. Evening to LA (2 hours).

08/15: LA

08/16: LA

08/17: LA (fly back to FL at night)

- While in LA, maybe day trips to Malibu, Long Beach, etc. if feel it's worth it. All suggestions

welcome!

This is just our preliminary thoughts! We are completely open to suggestions! For example, if we should spend 3 days in Monterey and none in Ojai or SB, please let us know! I'm going mostly off of other itineraries I've found. Thank you all for your suggestions!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,665 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 Day Itinerary: Too much??

Did you not post this and get comments there ?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28926-i29-k721897…

This is the San Francisco forum for just the SF part of your trip. Please delete this post (using the delete my post via the report inappropriate post link) and use that first post to continue your discussion.

If you have SF related questions, please read the top questions on the right and then post if they are not answered there

2. Re: 15 Day Itinerary: Too much??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:22